[AG-TECH] AGSchedule Available for Everyone

Ivan R. Judson judson at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Oct 17 14:06:50 CDT 2002

Scheduling is tricky because the venue has to care about the schedule to
resolve scheduling conflicts. Currently the venues don't care but we
haven't had conflict because there haven't been multiple schedulers. As
the NCSA scheduler gets more use (and it inevitably will because it very
nicely done) we need to figure out technically how to deal with
scheduling in 2.0.

My first impression is to not do it at all and let people use whatever
they want to do scheduling, but we probably should consider what might
be needed by venues (and other services) to handle scheduling issues.

Ideas?

Ivan R. Judson .~. http://www.mcs.anl.gov/~judson
Futures Laboratory .~.  630 252 0920
Argonne National Laboratory .~. 630 252 6424 Fax