Impl plan

Robert Olson olson at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Dec 11 12:34:53 CST 2002

I'm about out of time for the day, but have the foundation in place for
server-side work. The AG-2 module is largely ready to go. The server code
is still set to use XMLRPC, but as the SOAP client stuff isn't yet ready
we'll leave it like that for now. If someone wanted to work on the venue
server side of things, the following can be done..

	AG-2/AG/services/venue has the prototype venue server. Its gross
	structure can largely remain. We need to swap out the existing
	VenueService/VenueServiceImpl modules with the new ones from
	AG-2/AG/doc/API that are generated from the API XML files.

	Two tracks then. The persistent structure of a Venue is maintained
	in Venue.py, which needs to be updated for the new venue model, and

	Most of the magic of the venue server occurs in VenueServiceImpl.py

	Bootstrapping of the venue server at startup occurs in VenueServer.py

We'll need a new implementation of the server-level services (not currently
in place as such).

I have a copy of this stuff on the laptop that I'll have with me that I
hope to get a little time to hack on.

--bob