soap

Robert Olson olson at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Dec 4 15:15:51 CST 2002

I would judge the LBNL python soap services not baked enough yet for use in
our production code. There is a SOAP atop GSI implementation that comes
with pyGlobus that appears to be quite usable, and could slide into the
existing AG2 code fairly seamlessly. And it provides full GSI security today.

 From what I've read, requiring full WSDL support now would be a mistake.
We don't need, for the task at hand, the flexibility of full WSDL
interfaces and we don't have the experience in building such applications
yet. XMLRPC or SOAP using the Section 5 encodings (which is what I believe
Tom is using in the node mgmt code) would work well.

--bob