[petsc-users] PETSc options

Matthew Knepley knepley at gmail.com
Mon May 6 08:14:27 CDT 2024

On Mon, May 6, 2024 at 1:04 AM Adrian Croucher <a.croucher at auckland.ac.nz>
wrote:

> hi, My code has some optional command line arguments -v and -h for output
> of version number and usage help. These are processed using Fortran's
> get_command_argument(). Since updating PETSc to version 3. 21, I get some
> extra warnings after the
> ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerStart
> This Message Is From an External Sender
> This message came from outside your organization.
>
> ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerEnd
>
> hi,
>
> My code has some optional command line arguments -v and -h for output of
> version number and usage help. These are processed using Fortran's
> get_command_argument().
>
> Since updating PETSc to version 3.21, I get some extra warnings after
> the output:
>
> acro018 at EN438880:~$ waiwera -v
> 1.5.0b1
> WARNING! There are options you set that were not used!
> WARNING! could be spelling mistake, etc!
> There is one unused database option. It is:
> Option left: name:-v (no value) source: command line
>
> That didn't used to happen. What should I do to make them go away?

Hi Adrian,

Barry and Mark's suggestions will make this go away. However, it should not
happen
in the first place. We should try to figure this out.

This warning is usually activated by the -options_left argument. Could that
be in the
PETSC_OPTIONS env variable, or in ~/.petscrc?

https://urldefense.us/v3/__https://www.cse.buffalo.edu/*knepley/__;fg!!G_uCfscf7eWS!fo7-rCLfudbdd6yHxfeF1pyKANLJjDLd2VvUtM7xc31s9AoJjSSu-vjiyaVVAhNAqV6c4s-9aJPkL_AI6ctk$  <https://urldefense.us/v3/__http://www.cse.buffalo.edu/*knepley/__;fg!!G_uCfscf7eWS!fo7-rCLfudbdd6yHxfeF1pyKANLJjDLd2VvUtM7xc31s9AoJjSSu-vjiyaVVAhNAqV6c4s-9aJPkL3lFP1DF$ >