[petsc-users] Threaded Petsc

Subramanya G subramanya.g at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 19:38:11 CDT 2012

Hi ,
I need iterative solvers for some of my code and I was planning to use
petsc for it. Owing to the fact that some other parts of my code
aren't parallelizable, I can't use petsc in parallel. However, I see
that petsc can do threads now.. I have a small question about this .
Does this allow me to assemble a matrix in the main thread. and then
when solve is called will petsc take care of using multiple threads?
Will this give me any speed ups?
Thanks/
Subramanya G Sadasiva,

Graduate Research Assistant,
Hierarchical Design and Characterization Laboratory,
School of Mechanical Engineering,
Purdue University.

"The art of structure is where to put the holes"
Robert Le Ricolais, 1894-1977