[petsc-users] How to display the actual Jacobian generated by SNES with fdcoloring?

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Oct 14 11:37:38 CDT 2012

On Sun, Oct 14, 2012 at 7:14 AM, Bao Kai <paeanball at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, all,
>
> I want to check the exact Jacobian generated by SNES with fdcoloring with
> some small size problems.  I mean to display the actual matrix and rhs.

You can use -snes_type test -snes_test_display or -snes_compare_explicit to
"compare" the assembled matrix to one computed using FD. If you combine
-snes_fd -snes_compare_explicit, the two matrices will be the same, but
both will be printed.

You can also call SNESDefaultComputeJacobian() and MatView() directly from
your code.