[petsc-users] snes + matrix free + coloring

panourg at mech.upatras.gr panourg at mech.upatras.gr
Wed Oct 10 16:33:08 CDT 2012

What do you mean when you say that i do not use a matrix free method at all?

With matrix-free method only the operator is "free". Not the
preconditioning matrix.

For this i always set -snes_mf_operator option.

Either way is any way to have preconditioner without forming the its prec
matrix??

Panourgias Kostas