[petsc-users] snes + matrix free + coloring

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Oct 10 15:55:55 CDT 2012

Then you aren't using a matrix-free method at all. Just don't call
SNESSetJacobian and it will be done for you. Are you using a DM? If not,
you will also need to create a MatFDColoring. The easiest way to do that,
if you don't have a structured mesh, is to assemble the nonzero pattern of
your operator.