sieve-dev Sieve examples

Matthew Knepley knepley at gmail.com
Wed May 12 11:14:15 CDT 2010

Sorry Yaakoub,

  All the examples are indeed broken, which shows how many people use them.
I will fix them on the weekend. The problem is that the main Sieve users
(PyLith,
Blaise, PetFMM) required changes, and do not use any of the examples.

  Thanks,

    Matt

On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 10:43 AM, Yaakoub El Khamra
<yye00 at tacc.utexas.edu>wrote:

> So I am trying to build the sieve examples and have run into interesting
> errors. I only managed to get the watson example to compile but it segfaults
> when I run it. All others refuse to compile with varying errors ranging from
> missing header files to:
> error: invalid initialization of reference of type
> ‘ALE::Obj<ALE::IMesh<ALE::LabelSifter<int, int,
> ALE::malloc_allocator<ALE::NewSifterDef::Arrow<int, int> > > >,
> ALE::malloc_allocator<ALE::IMesh<ALE::LabelSifter<int, int,
> ALE::malloc_allocator<ALE::NewSifterDef::Arrow<int, int> > > > > >&’ from
> expression of type ‘ALE::Obj<ALE::Mesh, ALE::malloc_allocator<ALE::Mesh> >’
>
> I did compile with fiat and the generator but obviously I am missing
> something. Any thoughts/recommendations are greatly appreciated.
>

> Regards
> Yaakoub El Khamra

lead.
-- Norbert Wiener