[petsc-users] Using PETSc GPU backend

Ng, Cho-Kuen cho at slac.stanford.edu
Fri Apr 12 19:18:28 CDT 2024

Mark.

The FEM problem is of high-frequency Helmholtz type for the Maxwell equation. The combination "-ksp_type groppcg -pc_type gamg" worked for this small problem and the results agreed well with those obtained from the direct solver MUMPS. However, this ksp-pc combination failed to converge for much larger problem sizes. What would be a good combination to solve this kind of large-scale problems where direct solvers would not be able to solve?

Thanks,
Cho