[petsc-users] I cannot find my libpetsc.a in my installation pets-3.4.5

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Sep 25 19:44:13 CDT 2023

We generally recommend getting a basic build going for such use case -
and then migrate it to latest version as old versions have more issues
[as you might be encountering now]

Also - you haven't responded to my follow-up regarding the issue you
are encountering.

If you are having build issues - you might want to recheck the
installation instructions (for petsc-3.4) - and send us relevant logs.

Satish