[petsc-users] Error using Metis with PETSc installed with MUMPS

Victoria Rolandi victoria.rolandi93 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 13:47:40 CST 2023

Hi Pierre,

Thanks for your reply. I am now trying to configure PETSc with the same
METIS/ParMETIS of my main code.

I get the following error, and I still get it even if I change the option
--with-precision=double/--with-precision=single

Metis specified is incompatible!
IDXTYPEWIDTH=64 metis build appears to be specified for a default
32-bit-indices build of PETSc.
Suggest using --download-metis for a compatible metis

In the cofigure.log I have:

compilation aborted for
/tmp/petsc-yxtl_gwd/config.packages.metis/conftest.c (code 2)
Source:
#include "confdefs.h"
#include "conffix.h"
#include "metis.h"