[petsc-users] [petsc-maint] Error during compile

Joauma Marichal joauma.marichal at uclouvain.be
Wed May 31 05:58:37 CDT 2023

Hello,

Thanks a lot for your help. What do I have to change in order to make it work again?

Best regards,

Joauma

De : Matthew Knepley <knepley at gmail.com>
Date : mercredi, 31 mai 2023 à 12:55
À : Joauma Marichal <joauma.marichal at uclouvain.be>
Cc : PETSc <petsc-maint at mcs.anl.gov>, petsc-users at mcs.anl.gov <petsc-users at mcs.anl.gov>
Objet : Re: [petsc-maint] Error during compile
On Wed, May 31, 2023 at 6:34 AM Joauma Marichal <joauma.marichal at uclouvain.be<mailto:joauma.marichal at uclouvain.be>> wrote:
Hello,

Thanks a lot, it worked. However my code does not compile anymore (I haven’t changed anything since yesterday and it worked then). I get the following error:

It looks like your Homebrew has changed. In particular, the gcc 12.2.0 is missing, and presumably that is where libgfortran was.

 -L/opt/homebrew/Cellar/gcc/12.2.0/lib/gcc/current -lpetsc -lHYPRE -lflapack -lfblas -lc++ -lmpifort -lmpi -lpmpi -lgfortran -lemutls_w -lquadmath -lc++

ld: warning: directory not found for option '-L/opt/homebrew/Cellar/mpich/4.1/lib'

ld: warning: directory not found for option '-L/opt/homebrew/Cellar/gcc/12.2.0/lib/gcc/current/gcc/aarch64-apple-darwin22/12'

ld: warning: directory not found for option '-L/opt/homebrew/Cellar/gcc/12.2.0/lib/gcc/current/gcc'

ld: warning: directory not found for option '-L/opt/homebrew/Cellar/gcc/12.2.0/lib/gcc/current'

ld: library not found for -lgfortran

I attach the complete log file.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Best regards,