[petsc-users] SOLVE + PC combination for 7 point stencil (unstructured) poisson solution

Vanella, Marcos (Fed) marcos.vanella at nist.gov
Mon Jun 26 10:34:41 CDT 2023

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has experience on what combinations are more efficient to solve a Poisson problem derived from a 7 point stencil on a single mesh (serial).
I've been doing some tests of multigrid and cholesky on a 50^3 mesh. -pc_type mg takes about 75% more time than -pc_type cholesky -pc_factor_mat_solver_type cholmod for the case I'm testing.
I'm new to PETSc so any suggestions are most welcome and appreciated,
Marcos