[petsc-users] snes_type aspin without DA example

Karin&NiKo niko.karin at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 12:54:15 CDT 2023

Dear PETSc team,

I would like to play with aspin-type nonlinear solvers. I have found
several tests like snes/tutorials/ex19.c but they all use DA, which I don't
want to use since I need to stick at the algebraic level.
Then, I started looking at petsc4py/demo/ode/heat.py and tried to set up
things.
Unfortunately, I get the error "DM has no default decomposition defined.
Set subsolves manually with SNESNASMSetSubdomains()" which, I think, I do
understand.
But I do not find any implementation of the SNESNASMSetSubdomains in
petsc4py.
Am I missing something ?
Thanks,
Nicolas