[petsc-users] petsc configure problem

Gael gael.chenjiahong at foxmail.com
Thu Jun 22 02:29:32 CDT 2023

Thanks for your help! Using 'mpiicc, mpiicpc, mpiifort' works well! And yes, intel compiler is used intentionally for my installation.

Jiahong CHEN

From:                                                                                                                        "petsc-users"                                                                                    <balay at mcs.anl.gov>;
Date: Thu, Jun 22, 2023 12:15 PM
To: "Gael"<gael.chenjiahong at foxmail.com>;
Cc: "petsc-users"<petsc-users at mcs.anl.gov>;
Subject: Re: [petsc-users] petsc configure problem

>  --with-cc=mpicc --with-cxx=mpicxx --with-fc=mpi PETSC_ARCH=intel_2020

> Executing: mpicc --version
> stdout:
> gcc (GCC) 7.3.1 20180303 (Red Hat 7.3.1-5)

Did you intend to use Intel compilers?

/tmp/petsc-sMhvLh/config.setCompilers/conftest.c: In function ‘main’:
/tmp/petsc-sMhvLh/config.setCompilers/conftest.c:8:9: error: ‘FLT_ROUNDS’ undeclared (first use in this function)
     y = FLT_ROUNDS;
<<<<<

Perhaps the intel compiler setup in env is causing gcc to misbehave?

i.e if you are attempting an install with intel compilers - use 'mpiicc, mpiicpc, mpiifort'

if you are attempting an install with gcc - avoid the intel compiler setup in env

Also currently supported release in petsc-3.19 - we suggest using it instead of 3.14

Satish