[petsc-users] Question about using PETSc to generate matrix preconditioners

Sun, Yixuan yixuan.sun at anl.gov
Tue Jul 25 13:41:55 CDT 2023

Hello PETSc team,

My name is Yixuan, and I am a postdoc at MCS. We are working on a project where we want to predict the preconditioners from the corresponding matrices. For preliminary exploration purposes, we generated random matrices and their preconditioners using PETSc. The current deep learning models look promising with the generated data. However, we are not sure about the correctness of the data generation code and wanted to ask if you could help check the correctness of our script (< 100 lines) and let us know if there were any issues. Here is the link<https://github.com/iamyixuan/MatrixPreNet/blob/main/src/utils/generate_training.py> to the script.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. Thank you in advance!

Warm regards,
Yixuan
Yixuan Sun
Postdoctoral Researcher