[petsc-users] Bug in log_view printing

Matthew Knepley knepley at gmail.com
Sun Jul 16 12:35:07 CDT 2023

On Sun, Jul 16, 2023 at 11:45 AM Jared Crean <jcrean01 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
>    I stumbled upon a small bug in the printing of the data when running
> Petsc with -log_view.  The entire table is attached, but here is an
> example row:

Yes, we prescribe the exact number of spaces for each output, instead of
allowing it to grow,
so if the number exceeds the size, we lose our space. We wanted to keep the
line length fixed.
We do not recommend this form for processing. We usually use either the XML
output for flame
graphs since it does nesting, or the CSV output for processing with Pandas.