[petsc-users] windows build

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jul 11 15:09:40 CDT 2023

On Tue, 11 Jul 2023, Константин via petsc-users wrote:

> Hello, I'm trying to build petsc on windows. And when I make it I have such problem

from the screenshot - it appears you are not using cygwin terminal(bash-shell) - as per instructions

https://petsc.org/release/install/windows/

What compilers are you attempting to use with PETSc? Can you retry your build - as per the above instructions?

If you still encounter issues - send us the corresponding configure.log.

Also - best if you can copy/paste text from terminal - instead of screenshots

Note: if you can use WSL2(linux) on your windows machine - that might be an easier install

Satish