[petsc-users] Setting up a matrix for Lagrange multiplier

Karthikeyan Chockalingam - STFC UKRI karthikeyan.chockalingam at stfc.ac.uk
Mon Apr 24 12:58:16 CDT 2023

Changing the names to NULL produced the same error. Don’t I have to give the fields a name?
The problem solution didn’t change from one time step to the next.

[1;31m[0]PETSC ERROR: --------------------- Error Message --------------------------------------------------------------

[0;39m[0;49m[0]PETSC ERROR: No support for this operation for this object type

[0]PETSC ERROR: Unsupported viewer gmres

[0]PETSC ERROR: WARNING! There are option(s) set that were not used! Could be the program crashed before they were used or a spelling mistake, etc!

[0]PETSC ERROR: Option left: name:-fieldsplit_1_ksp_type value: preonly source: code

[0]PETSC ERROR: Option left: name:-fieldsplit_1_ksp_view value: gmres source: code

[0]PETSC ERROR: Option left: name:-fieldsplit_1_pc_type value: lu source: code

[0]PETSC ERROR: Option left: name:-options_left (no value) source: code

[0]PETSC ERROR: See https://petsc.org/release/faq/ for trouble shooting.

[0]PETSC ERROR: Petsc Development GIT revision: v3.18.4-529-g995ec06f92  GIT Date: 2023-02-03 18:41:48 +0000

[0]PETSC ERROR: /Users/karthikeyan.chockalingam/AMReX/amrFEM/build/Debug/amrFEM on a  named HC20210312 by karthikeyan.chockalingam Mon Apr 24 18:51:25 2023

[0]PETSC ERROR: Configure options --with-debugging=0 --prefix=/Users/karthikeyan.chockalingam/AMReX/petsc --download-fblaslapack=yes --download-scalapack=yes --download-mumps=yes --with-hypre-dir=/Users/karthikeyan.chockalingam/AMReX/hypre/src/hypre

[0]PETSC ERROR: #1 PetscOptionsGetViewer() at /Users/karthikeyan.chockalingam/AMReX/SRC_PKG/petsc/src/sys/classes/viewer/interface/viewreg.c:309

[0]PETSC ERROR: #2 KSPSetFromOptions() at /Users/karthikeyan.chockalingam/AMReX/SRC_PKG/petsc/src/ksp/ksp/interface/itcl.c:522

[0]PETSC ERROR: #3 PCSetUp_FieldSplit() at /Users/karthikeyan.chockalingam/AMReX/SRC_PKG/petsc/src/ksp/pc/impls/fieldsplit/fieldsplit.c:1054

[0]PETSC ERROR: #4 PCSetUp() at /Users/karthikeyan.chockalingam/AMReX/SRC_PKG/petsc/src/ksp/pc/interface/precon.c:994

[0]PETSC ERROR: #5 KSPSetUp() at /Users/karthikeyan.chockalingam/AMReX/SRC_PKG/petsc/src/ksp/ksp/interface/itfunc.c:405

[0]PETSC ERROR: #6 KSPSolve_Private() at /Users/karthikeyan.chockalingam/AMReX/SRC_PKG/petsc/src/ksp/ksp/interface/itfunc.c:824

[0]PETSC ERROR: #7 KSPSolve() at /Users/karthikeyan.chockalingam/AMReX/SRC_PKG/petsc/src/ksp/ksp/interface/itfunc.c:1070

End of program

 solve time 0.03416619 seconds

It will be a bit difficult for me to produce a stand-alone code.
Thank you for your help.

Best,
Karthik.