[petsc-users] Preallocation

Sanjay Govindjee s_g at berkeley.edu
Sun Apr 2 17:27:29 CDT 2023

I was looking at the release notes for 3.19.0 and noted the comment:

    Deprecate all MatPreallocate* routines. These are no longer needed
    since non-preallocated matrices will now be as fast as using them

My interpretation of this is that I can now comment out all the
MatPreallocate* lines in my code and it will run just fine (and be as
fast as before) and no other change are necessary -- with the side
benefit of no longer having to maintain my preallocation code.

Have I read this correctly?

-sanjay