[petsc-users] About GMRES Solver in PETSc

Chih-Hao Chen chih-hao.chen2 at mail.mcgill.ca
Wed Jan 18 14:22:11 CST 2017

Hello,

Sorry for this bother.

I"ve checked  GMRES solver in your libary supports parallel computing in your website:

http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/documentation/linearsolvertable.html.<http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/documentation/linearsolvertable.html>

Summary of Sparse Linear Solvers Available from PETSc<http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/documentation/linearsolvertable.html>
www.mcs.anl.gov
Summary of Sparse Linear Solvers Available from PETSc Requests and contributions welcome

As we all know the key algorithm inside GMRES solver is Gram-Schmidt process,

so I guess if users specify their matrix A and right-hand-side vector b in a linear equation (Ax=b),

the Gram-Schmidt process will be executed in parallel,

including matrix-vector multiplications and orthogonalization between the basis vectors.

Am I correct?

Thanks very much.

Best,

Chih-Hao