[petsc-users] Field data in KSPSetCompute[RHS/Operators]

Young, Matthew, Adam may at bu.edu
Thu Apr 13 21:13:06 CDT 2017

I'd like to develop a hybrid fluid/PIC code based on petsc/petsc-3.7/src/ksp/ksp/examples/tutorials/ex50.c.html, in which KSPSolve() solves an equation for the electrostatic potential at each time step. To do so, I need KSPSetComputeOperators() and KSPSetComputeRHS() to know about scalar fields (e.g. density) that I compute by gathering the particles before solving for the potential. Should I pass them via an application context, store them in a DM dof, or something else?

--Matt

Matthew Young
PhD Candidate
Astronomy Department