[petsc-users] Understanding DMPlexDistribute overlap

Michael Lange michael.lange at imperial.ac.uk
Thu Apr 6 05:40:27 CDT 2017

Hi Francesco,

Ok, I can confirm that your test runs fine for me with the latest master
branch. I'm attaching the log for two processes up to overlap 7, where
the entire mesh is effectively replicated on each partition. The command
I ran was:

for OL in 1 2 3 4 5 6 7; do mpiexec -np 2 python overlay-test.py -o $OL;
done

Looks like this might be a problem with your local build. Can you please
try and update to the latest master?

Hope this helps,

Michael