[petsc-users] Tao TRON solver tolerances

Justin Chang jychang48 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 12:03:34 CST 2016

Hi again,

I was reading through the TAO manual and the impression I am getting is
that the KSP solver computes the gradient/projection, not necessarily the
solution itself. Meaning it matters not how accurate this projection is, so
long as the actual objective tolerance is met.

Is this a correct assessment of why one can get away with a less stringent
KSP tolerance and still attain an accurate solution?

Thanks,
Justin

On Tuesday, March 8, 2016, Justin Chang <jychang48 at gmail.com