[petsc-users] Parallel FEM code using PETSc

Karl Rupp rupp at iue.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Mar 10 04:29:02 CST 2016

Hi Farshid,

 > Can somebody point me to a simple, linear, parallel FEM code based on
> PETSc, implementing efficient application of non-homogeneous Dirichlet
> BC? Domain decomposition code will is also welcome.

sorry, I just noticed that this may not have been answered to your full
satisfaction yet. Please have a look at SNES, ex62, located in
$PETSC_DIR/src/snes/examples/tutorials/ex62.c

Short description:
Stokes Problem in 2d and 3d with simplicial finite elements.
We solve the Stokes problem in a rectangular domain, using a parallel
unstructured mesh (DMPLEX) to discretize it.

Best regards,
Karli