[petsc-users] AMG preconditioners

Jed Brown jed at jedbrown.org
Wed Mar 9 10:19:14 CST 2016

Manav Bhatia <bhatiamanav at gmail.com> writes:

> Thanks!
>
> I am intrigued by this.
>
> I am solving a system of equations where the natural block size is
> 2x2. This is obtained by rewriting a complex linear system of
> equations in real numbers.

What equations are you solving?  Is this system a leading cost in your
application?  (Using complex scalars is another option.  Yes, it's lame
that PETSc can't currently use both in the same library.)

> I use MatSetValuesBlocked to set the values of each 2x2 block in my
> matrix. I am assuming that this method works only for blocked matrix.

No, just call MatSetBlockSize and MatSetValuesBlocked (and variants)
will work for any matrix type.