[petsc-users] user defined grids

praveen kumar praveenpetsc at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 09:01:23 CST 2016

Dear all,

I am employing PETSc for DD in a serial fortran code and I would be using
the solver from serial code itself. In my programme there is subroutine
which reads an input file for the grids.  I have two questions:

1.  The input file contains : No. of segments in each direction, Length of
each segment, Grid expansion ratio for each segment, dx(min) and dx(max)
(min and max size of sub-division for each segment), No. of uniform
sub-divisions in each segment. Will I be able to include all these details
in DMDAcreate3D?  Is there any example? If no, then is there any way to
retain the input file section and still use PETSc?

2. Moreover application requires that, I call the Grid subroutine after
some fixed number of iterations.

Would you suggest how to fix the above two?

Thanks,

Praveen