[petsc-users] Multi-physics meshes with PETSc DM?

Andrew Ho andrewh0 at uw.edu
Sat Jul 30 13:06:26 CDT 2016

> 1) I don't use Physical Groups from GMsh since its unclear how this would
> be reflected in the discretization

If I'm not using physical groups in GMsh, how do I easily denote what part
of the domain should be handled with which physics? I would like to be able
to use the same code with similar but not identical meshes (for example to
do a convergence study), so manually iterating through a list of vertices
at the element height stratum in a chart doesn't provide any hints on which
subdomain an element is suppose to belong in.