[petsc-users] Duplicate cells when exporting a distributed dmplex

Matthew Knepley knepley at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 14:35:24 CDT 2016

On Tue, Jul 5, 2016 at 4:17 AM, Morten Nobel-Jørgensen <mono at dtu.dk> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I hope someone can help me with the following:
>
> I’m having some problems when exporting a distributed DMPlex – the cells
> (+cell types) seems to be duplicated.
>
> When I’m running the code on a non-distributed system it works as
> expected, but when I run it on multiple processors (2 in my case) the
> output is invalid.
>
> I have attached a simple example and the output for np=1 and np=2.

The problem here is VTK output with overlapped meshes. If you change to
overlap = 0, it works as expected. I never fixed the VTK output
for this, but the HDF5 output works correctly. I will put this on the list
of things to do. I am attaching your code with some cleanup from me,
including assigning values in parallel.