[petsc-users] Why use MATMPIBAIJ?

Hom Nath Gharti hng.email at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 10:52:27 CST 2016

Dear all,

I take this opportunity to ask for your important suggestion.

I am solving an elastic-acoustic-gravity equation on the planet. I
have displacement vector (ux,uy,uz) in solid region, displacement
potential (\xi) and pressure (p) in fluid region, and gravitational
potential (\phi) in all of space. All these variables are coupled.

Currently, I am using MATMPIAIJ and form a single global matrix. Does
using a MATMPIBIJ or MATNEST improve the convergence/efficiency in
this case? For your information, total degrees of freedoms are about a
billion.

Hom Nath