[petsc-users] SNES norm control

Gideon Simpson gideon.simpson at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 15:26:35 CST 2016

I’m solving nonlinear problem for a complex valued function which is decomposed into real and imaginary parts, Q = u + i v.  What I’m finding is that where |Q| is small, the numerical phase errors tend to be larger.  I suspect this is because it’s using the 2-norm for convergence in the SNES, so, where the solution is already, the phase errors are seen as small too.  Is there a way to use something more like an infinity norm with SNES, to get more point wise control?

-gideon