[petsc-users] Segmentation error when calling PetscBarrier

TAY wee-beng zonexo at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 21:34:23 CST 2016

Hi,

Ya sorry, that should be the tool to use. Was having some problems using
MPI with the debugger.

I managed to run it as a serial code now.

My problem is that on the cluster, it works with the gnu fortran. But
using Intel compiler, I get segmentation error at some point when
running the opt ver. The debug ver works fine.

I am trying to find if the error is due to a bug in Intel, or it's my
own problem.

Another thing is that on another cluster, the Intel opt ver works, but
that's using a newer ver of the compiler.

I hope to get the Intel one working if possible, because it's about 30%
faster.

So now coming back to the gdb, it worked fine using the debug ver of the
code. But when using the opt ver, it only shows segmentation fault. When
the X-window appears, the code has already exited. I am already using -g
during compile.

So how should I debug it? The error seems to be when I tried to call
DMDAVecRestoreArrayF90, although I still need to be more certain.

Thank you

Yours sincerely,

TAY wee-beng