[petsc-users] Petsc4py DMREDUNDANT or equivalent functionality

Ben Fogelson benfogelson at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 12:17:37 CDT 2016

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to use a timestepper to solve a nonlinear system with Petsc4py.
This system includes a grid variables which I can manage using a DMDA, but
it also includes a small number of globally coupled scalar values. This
seems like what DMREDUNDANT was designed for: make DMDA and DMREDUNDANT
objects, stick them into a composite, and use the global vector generated
by that composite DM as the state variable in my nonlinear solver.

As best I can tell, Petsc4py doesn't have a method like
DM().createRedundant()--perhaps it this DM just isn't implemented? Can
anyone recommend an alternate approach to getting the same functionality?

Thanks,
Ben