[petsc-users] Form Local function from global

Jed Brown jed at jedbrown.org
Fri Apr 15 03:05:54 CDT 2016

marco mavari <marco.mavari at gmail.com> writes:
> However, I would like to do nonlinear domain decomposition ( similar to
> NASM/ASPIN).
> Is it possible to extract LocalEvaluation routines from GlobalFunctions?

No, the global function is global, so you can't call "just the local
part".  Moreover, those nonlinear domain decomposition techniques
require overlap, which also isn't provided automatically.  As a
practical matter, someone (maybe you) would need to add support for
nonlinear DD to the discretization libraries.