[petsc-users] Parallel ODE solver

Sahai, Amal sahai2 at illinois.edu
Tue Oct 20 22:06:08 CDT 2015

I was able to get a simple time dependent ODE running in parallel using the time-stepper in Petsc. I had a follow up question regarding this: For my original problem I can provide the RHS function but have no way of computing the Jacobian analytically and then storing it using DMTSSetIJacobianLocal. How can I compute the Jacobian numerically by just supplying the RHS function to Petsc without having to manually perturb and generate individual elements in the Jacobian myself?

Thanks!

Regards
Amal