[petsc-users] Release canditate?

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Dec 11 22:43:31 CST 2015

We do autmoatically generate tarballs everynight - its avaliable at:
http://ftp.mcs.anl.gov/pub/petsc/petsc-master.tar.gz [but we don't
maintain snapshots - i.e old tarballs for this]

However adding in 'release' strings is a manual process - so we do
this at the release time. [so we would have to do this stuff for rc]

Here is a counter argument against this proposal. For folks interested
in RC - could consider [for eg] 3.6.0 as RC - and test it out - and
have all the issues discovered by 3.6.1. But this usually doesn't
hapeen [and we have 3.6.1, 3.6.2, 3.6.3, 3.6.4 etc..]

Also testing against master would catch issues early on - and not wait
until the rc/release..

Satish