[petsc-users] Release canditate?

Éric Chamberland Eric.Chamberland at giref.ulaval.ca
Fri Dec 11 22:35:42 CST 2015

Le 2015-12-11 23:22, Barry Smith a écrit :
>    Eric,
>
>     Would it be possible for the release candidates to be a git repository branch or does it have to be a tarball? Generating and regenerating the
for sure, if you want a maximum of RC testers, I think it should be a
tarball...  In my book, a RC is eventually the final release so
everything must be the same...
> tarball is a time consuming process which is why we don't use release candidates, but if you are able to test off the git repository we could
ok, but hmmm, why isn't it possible to automate the making of the tarball?

> certainly "pre announce" releases and allow testing before the actual release.
If tarballs are impossible, I would certainly take the time to test a
pre-announce release..

btw, the petsc-announce mailing list is somewhat silent...

Thanks anyway to have evaluated the idea! :)

Eric