[petsc-users] Error reported by MUMPS in numerical factorization phase

Danyang Su danyang.su at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 11:17:53 CST 2015

Hi Hong,

It's not easy to run in debugging mode as the cluster does not have
petsc installed using debug mode. Restart the case from the crashing
time does not has the problem. So if I want to detect this error, I need
to start the simulation from beginning which takes hours in the cluster.

Do you mean I need to redo symbolic factorization? For now, I only do
factorization once at the first timestep and then reuse it. Some of the
code is shown below.

             if (timestep == 1) then
               call PCFactorSetMatSolverPackage(pc_flow,MATSOLVERMUMPS,ierr)
               CHKERRQ(ierr)

               call PCFactorSetUpMatSolverPackage(pc_flow,ierr)
               CHKERRQ(ierr)

               call PCFactorGetMatrix(pc_flow,a_flow_j,ierr)
               CHKERRQ(ierr)
             end if

             call KSPSolve(ksp_flow,b_flow,x_flow,ierr)
             CHKERRQ(ierr)

Thanks,

Danyang