[petsc-users] Need to update matrix in every loop

Jed Brown jed at jedbrown.org
Fri Aug 14 11:10:02 CDT 2015

Please always use "reply-all" so that your messages go to the list.
This is standard mailing list etiquette.  It is important to preserve
threading for people who find this discussion later and so that we do
not waste our time re-answering the same questions that have already
been answered in private side-conversations.  You'll likely get an
answer faster that way too.

sheng liu <ustc.liu at gmail.com> writes:

> Thank you! I have a small question: What does the "degree of freedom" mean
> in the DMDA object? If I have a spin-1/2 system, and I discrete the system,
> does that mean I have DOF=2?

DOF is the number of PetscScalar values at each grid point.