[petsc-users] Time integrated adjoints

Dave Makhija makhijad at colorado.edu
Wed Apr 15 06:24:23 CDT 2015

Barry,

Is the method exact if I have a time dependent mass matrix (dF/dU_t changes
each time step)? I'm not sure it's possible if TSSetIJacobian expects a
function which computes the combination of dF/dU and a*dF/dU_t. But,
perhaps there is something I'm missing.

Otherwise, it looks very comprehensive. I like how you added the "cost
integrand". If I recall correctly, the Trilinos package Rythmos is missing
this.

Thanks!

Dave