[petsc-users] Tao iterations

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Apr 10 16:42:55 CDT 2015

  Justin,

    Sorry TAO simply doesn't even collect this information currently. But yes we should definitely make it available!

  Jason,

     Could you please add this; almost all the TaoSolve_xxx() have a local variable iter; change that to tao->niter (I'm guess this is suppose to capture this information) and add a TaoGetIterationNumber() and the uses can access this. Also modify at the end of TaoSolve() -tao_converged_reason to also print the iteration count. At the same time since you add this you can add a tao->totalits which would accumulate all iterations over all the solves for that Tao object and the routine TaoGetTotalIterations() to access this.  Note that TaoSolve() would initialize tao->niter = 0 at the top.

   Thanks

  Barry