[petsc-users] Tao iterations

Justin Chang jchang27 at uh.edu
Fri Apr 10 16:16:14 CDT 2015

Hi all,

Is there a way to generically obtain the number of Tao iterations? I am
looking through the -help options for Tao and I don't see any metric where
you can output this quantity in the manner that you could for SNES or KSP
solves. I am currently using blmvm and tron, and the only way I can see
getting this metric is by outputting -tao_view and/or -tao_monitor and
manually finding this number. I find this cumbersome especially for
transient problems where I would like to simply have this number printed
for each step instead of ending up with unnecessary info.

Justin Chang
PhD Candidate, Civil Engineering - Computational Sciences
University of Houston, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
Houston, TX 77004
(512) 963-3262