[petsc-users] MatMatMult with dense matrices.

Hong hzhang at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Apr 5 15:25:39 CDT 2015

James:

> I'm multiplying two dense matrices. I compared the results against MATLAB
> and I am getting different results. Attached you will see a zip that
> contains a .mat file that has the A, B, and C. C_MATLAB is the
> multiplication of A*B in MATLAB and C is the PETSc 3.4.3 result. I also
> attached the .m files A, B, and C that were saved from PETSc. Is there
> something I'm doing wrong or

 What is the file type of matmatmult_comparison.mat?
How to read it?
I need to see how it defers from C.m.

any reason due to the shape of the matrices that this would fail? If it
> gives any more information we convert the previous matrix that A is formed
> of A2 (A = A1*A2) to dense prior to the multiplication using MatConvert.

It seems both A and B are dense, complex square matrices.
Did you call MatMatMult() in sequential or parallel? What matrix format did
you use?

Hong