[petsc-users] MatMatMult with dense matrices.

James A Charles charlesj at purdue.edu
Sat Apr 4 19:33:14 CDT 2015

Hello,

I'm multiplying two dense matrices. I compared the results against MATLAB and I am getting different results. Attached you will see a zip that contains a .mat file that has the A, B, and C. C_MATLAB is the multiplication of A*B in MATLAB and C is the PETSc 3.4.3 result. I also attached the .m files A, B, and C that were saved from PETSc. Is there something I'm doing wrong or any reason due to the shape of the matrices that this would fail? If it gives any more information we convert the previous matrix that A is formed of A2 (A = A1*A2) to dense prior to the multiplication using MatConvert.

Thanks for your help,
James Charles