[petsc-users] General question about a structured non-uniform grid

John Alletto 4bikerboyjohn at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 11:52:09 CDT 2014

All,

I have a general question about a structured non-uniform grid.

I have set the coordinates X,Y,Z in my code by first calling setUniformGrid and then by setting the coordinates.
I have printed out the coordinates and those are as expected.

I an non-uniform grid the code will need a specific delta_x delta_y and delta_z since they will differ through out the grid.

Does PETSc take a derivative of the coordinates (by default) to get the list of delta’s or do I need to do something specific ?

Many Thanks in Advance
John