[petsc-users] Generating xdmf from h5 file.

subramanya sadasiva potaman at outlook.com
Thu Sep 25 22:29:14 CDT 2014

Hi Matt, Sorry about that, I changed if 'time' in h5:    time        = np.array(h5['time']).flatten()  else:    time        = np.empty(1)
The code now fails in the writeSpaceGridHeader  function.  with the error,

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/ssadasiv/software/petsc/bin/pythonscripts/petsc_gen_xdmf.py", line 232, in <module>
    generateXdmf(sys.argv[1])
  File "/Users/ssadasiv/software/petsc/bin/pythonscripts/petsc_gen_xdmf.py", line 227, in generateXdmf
    Xdmf(xdmfFilename).write(hdfFilename, topoPath, numCells, numCorners, cellDim, geomPath, numVertices, spaceDim, time, vfields, cfields)
  File "/Users/ssadasiv/software/petsc/bin/pythonscripts/petsc_gen_xdmf.py", line 180, in write
    self.writeSpaceGridHeader(fp, numCells, numCorners, cellDim, spaceDim)
  File "/Users/ssadasiv/software/petsc/bin/pythonscripts/petsc_gen_xdmf.py", line 64, in writeSpaceGridHeader
    print self.cellMap[cellDim][numCorners]
The error is due to the fact that numCorners is set to be 1 , while celldim=2. cellMap has the following elements.

{1: {1: 'Polyvertex', 2: 'Polyline'}, 2: {3: 'Triangle', 4: 'Quadrilateral'}, 3: {8: 'Hexahedron', 4: 'Tetrahedron'}}
I  also  tried ./ex12 -dm_view vtk:my.vtk:vtk_vtu . This doesn't seem to do anything.  Is there any specific option I need to build petsc with to get vtk output? My current build has hdf5 and netcdf enabled.
Thanks,Subramanya