[petsc-users] Putting petsc in a namespace

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Sep 8 10:53:27 CDT 2014

> I want to offer an interface that uses some Petsc types (like Vec and Mat) but I do not want to import all petsc symbols into the global namespace for anyone using the interface. That does not seam possible though...
>
> Thanks,
>
> Florian

   Which symbols do you want to have available and which ones not? Do you not want to use the other symbols but not let the user use them, for example, you want to use KSP but don’t want the user to have access to them? Or something else. Note that you can configure PETSc into several libraries and then use only the ones you want with -with-single-library=no  it creates a separate TS, SNES, KSP, DM, Mat,and Vec library.

   Let us know what you want in more detail and we may have suggestions on how to achieve it.