[petsc-users] FETI-DP implementation and call sequence

Alp Kalpalp alpkalpalp at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 06:42:12 CDT 2014

Hi,

Although I am experienced on C++ development on windows by using SVN, I
need to learn too much things to use this algorithm I think.(petsc,
debugging in linux, git, hg etc.)
So, sorry for the rookie questions in advance.

You suggested me to use development version ----> petsc-dev (I believe I
will compile and use it similar to petsc version of it), however it seems
it has no branch named as "master", "next" or
"stefano_zampini/pcbddc-primalfixes"

These branches exist in "petsc" repo. Is it possible to merge petsc-dev and
"stefano_zampini/pcbddc-primalfixes"
petsc-dev is hg, petsc is git !

or am I get it totaly wrong! I am confused.

Could someone explain me the development hierarchy in petsc? what is
petsc-dev and why it has no branches?