[petsc-users] Postdoctoral position at ANL/MCS (CHiMaD)

Dmitry Karpeyev karpeev at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Sep 3 16:39:15 CDT 2014

*Postdoctoral position at the Center for Hierarchical Materials Design*

We have an opening for a postdoctoral position in the Center for
Hierarchical Materials Design (CHiMaD), a joint center between Northwestern
University, the University of Chicago, and Argonne National Laboratory,
sponsored by NIST, http://chimad.northwestern.edu.

We are looking for a person who will help us develop computational methods
and codes for mesoscale materials modeling. The goal of the work is to
develop efficient, scalable community codes for a variety of phase-field
models that allow coupling with other models. We use real-space methods on
unstructured irregular meshes to solve coupled partial differential
equations, such as Cahn-Hilliard and Allen-Cahn equations, coupled to, for
example, Coulombic fields or elastic strain fields.

Candidates should have suitable training in physics, materials science, or
applied mathematics, with experience in implementing numerical
finite-element based methods for partial differential equations. Experience
with C/C++ programming, MPI, and libraries such as PETSc, libMesh, and
MOOSE is a plus.

The candidates would work with diverse community of material scientists,
applied mathematicians and numerical analysts  in CHiMaD, including Olle
Heinonen and Barry Smith (Argonne), Dmitry Karpeyev (U of C) and Peter
Voorhees (Northwestern).

For more information contact Dmitry Karpeyev (karpeev at uchicago.edu)